We offer comprehensive, shared payment, health and benefit packages that vary depending on the employee group and status. Most packages include the following:
- Extended Health Care - provides supplementary health services such as prescription drugs, hospital accommodation differential costs, and vision care, to name a few.
- Dental - provides for reimbursement of basic, restorative and orthodontic services, subject to some maximums.
- Group Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Sickness and Disability
- Sick Leave - Short-term sick leave benefits are provided in the event of a non-occupational illness or accident.
- Long Term Disability - Income is provided in the event of total disability.
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan – You are guaranteed a lifetime pension based on a benefit formula tied to your pensionable earnings history, contributory service and how long you worked.
Paid Time Away
- Vacation - Depending on the position, vacation entitlement starts at three weeks, with additional time accrued based on years of service.
- Discretionary Leave – Certain positions are eligible for discretionary leave in lieu of paid overtime.
- Holidays - Twelve statutory holidays are observed throughout the year.
- Special Leave - Leave with pay may be granted for compassionate leave etc.
- Maternity, Parental and Adoption Leaves are granted based on provisions within the Collective Agreements and Terms and Conditions for Non-union, Out-of-Scope staff. A supplemental unemployment benefit may be payable to eligible employees who are on an approved maternity leave.
Further details on benefits will be provided upon confirmation of employment.
For more information about pension and health benefits, visit the Healthcare Employees’ Benefits and Pension Plans of Manitoba website at www.hepp.mb.ca.
Back to Why Work Here